About This Opportunity
We have the following exciting continuing and fixed-term contract opportunities available for passionate, enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teachers to join our inclusive school community, commencing Term 1, 2023.
You will be expected to:
- Create a learning environment which is learner centred, inclusive, cooperative and aligned with the values of Strength and Gentleness;
- Work collaboratively to implement high quality curriculum programs through appropriate pedagogy;
- Engage with professional practices to enhance student outcomes; and
- Contribute to the professional life of the school.
The successful applicant will be able to teach across the Middle and Senior Years in any combination of the following subjects:
- Religious Education and/or Study of Religion
- Modern and/or Ancient History
- Health and Physical Education
- Visual Art
- Design and Digital Technologies
The ideal candidate displays an obvious drive and passion for senior and middle years education. With an engaging communication style and a positive attitude, you will have demonstrated ability to build rapport and interact effectively at all levels of the College.
Key requirements of the position include:
- Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration as a teacher in Queensland.
- Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare teaching and learning programs in your nominated area/s which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students; and are consistent with relevant syllabi, curriculum policies, work programs and education trends.
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement effective and inclusive teaching and learning processes, including the use of learning technology and assessment, to establish a challenging learning environment in which students are encouraged to work towards attainment of their potential.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students including the use of appropriate interpersonal skills, and the ability to plan and apply appropriate behaviour management strategies that contribute to the establishment and maintenance of a supportive learning environment.
- An understanding of the need to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes.
Applicants are expected to support the Catholic ethos of the College, and must obtain and maintain a Blue Card. The No Card, No Start law means you must have a Blue Card before you can start work. If you do not have a blue card, you can be job-ready by applying online through the applicant portal on the Blue Card site.
Click here for the position description.
Want to Apply?
To submit your application, please complete the online application through the APPLY NOW link below.
Your application must include:
- Covering letter addressing key selection criteria; and
- Resume, including contact details for three professional referees.
To satisfy pre-requisite questions and ensure your application can be considered in full, all candidates must apply by the job closing deadline. Applications received via other channels, including direct email, will not be accepted.
Applications close 9 am Wednesday 5 October 2022.
The College reserves the right to interview and employ a successful candidate before the closing date. The advertisement will be removed once an appointment has been made.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note we do not accept unsolicited Resumes from Recruitment agencies.