Employment Privacy Notice *
1. If you provide us with personal information, for example your name and address or information provided on your resume or curriculum vitae, we will collect this information in order to assess your application for employment.
2. We may store this information for a period of six (6) months after the date of application.
3. You may seek access to personal information that we hold about you if you are unsuccessful for the position.
However, there will be occasions when access is denied. Such occasions would include circumstances where access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others.
4. We will not disclose this information to a third party without your consent; however, we usually disclose this information to the following types of organisations:
a. Australian Taxation Office;
b. Superannuation Fund to which you have elected to direct your contributions under the Workplace Agreement;
c. Queensland Curriculum Assessment Authority;
d. Public Safety Business Agency Working with Children Check and Office of the Public Guardian;
e. Queensland College of Teachers.
5. As part of our legal and compliance obligations, the College may conduct a criminal record check as part of the
selection process to determine if you are or have been the subject of an AVO (Apprehended Violence Order) or other criminal offences.
We may also collect personal information about you in accordance with Child Protection laws.
6. The College may store personal information in the cloud, which may mean that it resides on servers which are situated outside Australia.
7. If you provide us with personal information of others, we encourage you to inform them that:
a. you are disclosing that information to the College and why;
b. they can access that information if they wish; and
c. the College does not usually disclose the information to third parties.